Director, Advanced Materials
Title: Director, Advanced Materials
Summary: The Georgia Southern University Herty Advanced Materials Development Center (“Herty”) is recognized as a global leader in technology development and an important resource in advancing economic development, manufacturing partnerships and workforce development opportunities throughout Georgia.
Job Description: The Director, Advanced Materials will lead Herty’s contract manufacturing and contract R&D in wet-laid nonwovens. Reporting to the President/CEO, the Director, Advanced Materials will be responsible for on-going contract manufacturing and contract R&D projects and ancillary functions that support new business development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Technical and management leadership for advanced materials, wet-laid processes and products in relationship to customer/ client needs
- Provide oversight of project management in Advanced Materials Unit
- Identify required human resource, internal and external
- Project implementation
- Provide management for operations staff of Advanced Materials Unit
- Personnel development
- Safety, security
- Goal setting
- Performance reviews
- New business development
- Engage with current and potential customer network
- Assist in realization and acceleration of current customer opportunities
- New customer acquisition
- Develop Herty brand positioning marketing literature and presentations to showcase capabilities and opportunities to partners and customers
- Marketing Herty through customer contact
- Handle customer inquiries in timely and professional manner.
- Work with clients and potential clients to provide information and quality services targeted to meet/ client expectations
- Coordinate with other Herty strategic units and laboratory to ensure complementary work across units
- Maintain, update ISO documents
Training or expertise required for the position: The ideal candidate must have or bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Must have demonstrated experience in wet-laid nonwovens and/or fiber-based composites. Must have demonstrated experience with QMS. Must have at least ten (10) years in a senior level project management role. Must be detailed-oriented, self-motivated and demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office, analyzing information, professionalism, problem solving and verbal communication. Report writing skills are essential.
Citizenship: Proof of United States citizenship is required.
Annual Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Starting Date: On or before January 1, 2014
Location: Savannah, GA